1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screen grabber plugin ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by signal55, Apr 21, 2005.

1. signal55

signal55 robotfridge

anyone know of a screen grabber plugin that might work with visual jockey? or any or software for that matter (vj soft)

cheers guys
    xmossy
  2. syzygy

syzygy non-verbal communication

What do you want to do?

Save stills to hard disk?

Save video to hard disk?

import video from the computer display into the VJ app?

something else?

Dan.
  3. alangeering

alangeering Theatre Tech (AV)

I've had some success with camtasia from techsmith. One of thier programs just takes any area of the desktop and sends it to other programs as if it were a VFW or WDM capture device.

any program that could host a capture device or webcam should be able to interface with camtasia
  4. Kyle

Kyle "Hello my VJ friend"

Camtasia...snagit studio:yep:
  5. signal55

signal55 robotfridge

ideally i would like to capture a portion of the desktop and feed it into visual jockey, thanks alan for the camastaia lead i'll check that out, i'm having a look at elektronika at the moment

cheers guys
  6. simot

simot New Member

yeah, was gonna suggest elektronika. really love it, eats clock cycles tho.
  7. levon

levon Headless Chicken

there is a freeframe plugin that comes with resolume that grabs the screen, it follows the mouse, and you can select what level it zooms at. im not sure what it comes with, might be the installer for resolume, that can be downloaded from there web site, or it might be inside the extra plugin pack on there website also.
  8. signal55

signal55 robotfridge

Yeah i know chap found it by accident this afternoon, thanks anyway guys

xxdave
  9. turkish

turkish Doin' it in HK. sometimes

Camtasia

I've had various results with this.... it doesnt do what it says on the tin.... there seem to be more video that it doesn't like to capture than video it does.

Is there something Ive been doing wrong? Id like to know... can anyone tell me that they can grab simply anything that they see on their screen?

T
  10. eyeman

eyeman New Member

Hi,
    I didn't see this thread but just posted one regarding a program that does what you want. I was able to set up a program called softcam as a virtual capture driver that videolab (in vjo) recognises. The only extra thing you have to do is set windows up to have some extra screen space to look at (other than vjo). I used the 'horizontal span' option that's native to my nvidia card (and most other cards)). Here's the thread.