1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*sigh* Not another "noob" Software question!?

Discussion in 'Just Starting' started by Pseudog, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Pseudog

Pseudog Little Grasshopper

Yes, another "noob" software question.

All I've done formy vjing is reading and research at the moment. It looks like what I want to do will require a hardware video mixer (is that the sound of Holly laughing?). Anyways, the question is....

Q: Is there a software that will allow pretty psychadelic images i.e through the winamp AVS plugin, whilst allowing me to trigger video loops/clips/stills using the SAME program. And obviously being able to place effects on these clips/still.

I have only 1 PC and no hardware mixer and that is unlikely to change unless I get a sudden surge in my cash flow. Specific program names will be graciously appreciated.
  2. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

You are PC? Have you tried Resolume or Flowmotion? I can't recommend anything specific because I don't have PC....

(and I am not laughing, still interested in helping... Always better to start with what you have and wait before you buy....)
  3. thomase

thomase VJ Wunderkind

you might also check meimi or tzt. they're freeware...
  4. BrainStove

BrainStove The Brainy Stove

Don?t look anywhere around!!!

I?ll share with you one of my best Old VJ weapons in my arsenal...

Simply there is no better VJsoft (if anything available at all) which could fill ALL your expectations in the exact way you are praying around than Aestesis 98.

Go here and download the Cheap Beast. ;)

P.S. Just hope you are not an unfortunate MacHead too :p
  5. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

I don't know of the any software that can use AVS (at least effectively) apart from Winamp. And AVS doesn't have the flexability of clips and stuff. You may have to rethink more.