1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple DVD loop software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fibre, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Fibre

Fibre New Member

Does anyone know of any dvd software which allows you to loop small parts quickly(ish). I'm assuming theres nothing more advanced out there that allows speed changes etc as dvd drives wouldn't be able to handle it?
    The idea being to be able to bring the clips in through a mixer from a 2nd lappy.

2. eyestorm

eyestorm New Member

my biggest secret

Fibre,
    I am giving away my biggest secret here, but we all need to come together and build the VJ community as a whole, right? Power DVD is a cool little DVD player program that I've gotten so much mileage out of, and yes, it does have velocity control with just the scroll of your mouse wheel. Also, you can do A-B loops, create and save playlists of your .avi's and .mpg's. Power DVD doesn't even know how cool it is for VJ use.

Anyway, best of luck
    --Lance
    Eyestorm Visuals

3. therandelman

therandelman - fucking poser -

secret?

the same for InterVideo's WinDVD 6!

4. DFUNC

DFUNC New Member

Another Question

But fits the title too.

I use OSX and have a Superdrive. Is there a way to burn a little movie (VCD or DVD-R) that loops when played in a regular DVD-Player (not PC)?

Thanks for any hints.

5. freakowen

freakowen I've given money to VJForums

Re: Another Question

Using DVD pro it is possible to tell the dvd when it gets to the end of the video to loop back to a set chapter point (with chapter 1 at the begining of the video track) this has worked on all the stand alone players I have used them in.

6. DFUNC

DFUNC New Member

Thank you very much.

Do you mean "Apple DVD Studio Pro 3" ?

7. freakowen

freakowen I've given money to VJForums

Yup...

8. Meierhans

Meierhans Spezialmusik

Around 0,5 sec glitch when jumping to start of clip. Try to fade to black or place it somewhere you can recognize the glicht very good. You can also "loop your loop" 5 times in MPEG itself so it glitches only one time every 5 loops. ;)