1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sources for old super 8

Discussion in 'Finding Content' started by jcal, Mar 24, 2006.

1. jcal

jcal New Member

Hello, I'm trying to locate some old Super 8 film footage of New York, preferably home made stuff, a tough call but you never know........

I've tried e-bay without any success, does anyone know of any Super 8 film archives, or anything/anybody which may help?

Thanks
  2. lowRes

lowRes another member

perhaps a search on archive.org will give some results ... . . .

r_x
    * )
  3. sketchyj

sketchyj New Member

none of new york, but I have tons of films directed by yours truly on super 8 from when i was 9 to 12 years old....the "special effects" are amazing lol....ketchup for blood, real snakes on my friends "dead" bodies, fireworks to simulate a volcano....of course, I always get the good roles like the evil scientist.....my friends used to get so tired of me bossing them around for my movies and take off.
  4. visualove

visualove New Member

Why not emulate it in AE? Pump up the saturation (Kodachrome), shift a little to green (aging), throw in a little blur (small frame resolution) or grain if you have it, and slow it to say 18fps. Also check the collections of the Library, or whatever historical society, maybe they will let you video it off a projection screen. Tell them it's a "school project", or go for broke an try to get the nonexclusive rights.