1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

time sequence software available on macintosh?

Discussion in 'Software' started by echelon, Feb 17, 2005.

1. echelon

echelon Member

Hi,

Does someone know a piece of software on the macintosh platform where it is possible to start a movieclip at a given time during the day.

The movie has to start twice every day once at 9.00 o'clock in the morning and once at 14.00 o'clock.

Is there a software option for this so I can use it in my installation?

I've already search the internet but without any result. :sad:
    It would be cool if someone could help me with this issue.

cheers

2. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

Maybe applescripts?

Sorry, no link (i never used em) but there are many freebies online....

3. dlublin

dlublin Member

Holly's suggestion of using Applescript is perfect. Applescript comes standard with the MacOS and is very very easy to use. To get started, open up the Script Editor program in Applications/Applescript/

Basically your entire script will look something like this:

tell application "QuickTime Player"
    activate
    open file "System:Users:davidlublin:Movies:my-movie.mov"
    set current time of movie "my-movie.mov" to 0
    present movie "my-movie.mov" scale screen
    end tell

This script will reset the movie to the first frame (frame 0) and then switch to fullscreen mode for video playback (this might require QT Pro being installed). You'll of course need to replace all the references of "my-movie.mov" with the name & path of your movie file (unless your name also happens to be David Lublin and your movie just happens to be located on your Movies folder and called "my-movie.mov", which would be a pretty amazing coincidence!).

Then you could use a free alarm clock program that supports Apple Scripts like this one (basically the first one I found using Google, there are others):
    http://homepage.mac.com/fahrenba/acse/acse.html

Hope this is helpful, let me know if you have any questions about what I wrote.

- David @ VIDVOX

4. echelon

echelon Member

thanx both of you, i'll try it out.
    If I come up with some questions i'll come back later...

5. echelon

echelon Member

...lol...
    :yep:

I'm sorry but this is not the case...I think you already came to this conclusion. nice try though...