1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uploading to youtube

Discussion in 'Finding Content' started by fata alex, Nov 24, 2006.

1. fata alex

fata alex analog VJ

Hi,
    not sure if this is the most relevant place to put this, but none of the other forum rooms seemed appropriate either, feel free to move it mods.

Im trying to put some clips of our last live show up on youtube, and am having problems with the compressing and uploading.

They recommend divx or xvid; im using premiere to output the files and the xvid codec crashes when i try to use it to export the file and the divx creates a huge file.
    So i ended up using the sorenson 3 compressor that comes with premiere and jsut about managed to get the files under youtubes 100mb limit by splitting it into 2 parts (of about 4mins 45 each)
    So, my first questions is, what would people recommend for compressing video for the web, specifically youtbue but also elsewhere.

And secondly when i tried to upload the first part of the clip compressed as a .mov file and 99.9mb in size the first 50% went quite quick and then the upload gets exponentially slower the closer it gets to finishing and finally seemed to grind to a halt at 98% after about 11/12 hours of trying to upload. what am i doing wrong? anyone else had problems uploading to youtube or is it just in my compression techniques?

many thanks for any suggestions, this is causing me much frustration

alex
  2. USE

USE Primal Visions

i thin flash video (flv) files are what utube vids end up as, and it has dope compression. but im buggered if i know how to export in that format.

another uselss post brought to you by me.