1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a keyboard in Arkaos VJ 3

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stuffy, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Stuffy

Stuffy New Member

Sinds a while I'm trying Arkaos. It's a very lovely program, just what I need! But there is one major problem: the keyboard. I need to hold a key to play a video or animation and I don't have space and time for that. I also use live camera and an Edirol v4, which mixes the output of Arkaos and the cam toghether.

Is there a solution for my problem? Or should I choose another program?

P.S.- I'm not going to connect the cam to my pc. I guess I will get in trouble because my CPU and memory.

2. signal55

signal55 robotfridge

hi did you read the manual? either double click on the clip to open its properties then click latch, or just press alt when you press a key and the clip will play till you press the key again

xd

3. Stuffy

Stuffy New Member

Oops! I only read the part that explains how to connect a tv, monitor or projector to the second output.

Sorry, next time I'll read the manual first! But thanks!

4. akira_k

akira_k 8GB EUTour 2010 - book us

Please RTFM, latest version has a way to latch keys into place.

5. Stuffy

Stuffy New Member

What do you mean with "latch"?

6. XPz

XPz New Member

With VJ 3.0.2, press the LEFT SHIFT key before pressing a key and the layer will be "latched" (it will continue playing when you release the key. Just press one more time the key to stop it.

You also have a Latch option in Visual Info window (Ctrl-I on a key)

Or MIDI sustain :D

7. Stuffy

Stuffy New Member

Thank for the help! I'll mess around with Arkaos and hope it will thurn out oke ;)