1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Videonics MX-Pro not reliable.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vjrei, May 25, 2003.

1. vjrei

vjrei Miami Caracas New York

Ok, I have this mixer for about a year +. The thing is that is giving me problems on stage.
    3 months ago I was performing is a huge rave party with 3 screens and I got some kind of distorion in the signal=on screens. I'm glad that after so many hours of experience I use a spliter to routate the signal (...) and to make the story short I manage to reset the mixer with no problem.

Last friday I was with my console again and there is a botton that makes the transitions automatictly... well the boton didn't work any more, I reseted the mixer and it works but after five minutes it didn't. I did that about 3 more times and the same results.

That console have been in use no more than 15 times under good electrical conditions, there have been more problems with it but they are starting to accumulate.

I can not recomend that console, it is very cheap made for the ammount of price.
  2. murph

murph vidiot

You've learned the hard way, my friend, like so many others. Don't feel too bad, you're definitely not the first, and certainly won't be the last. Good luck in V-4 ownership. =]
  3. KillingFrenzy

KillingFrenzy KillingFrenzy Visuals

Warranty

Ship the sucker back.
    Should be under warranty, eh?

I've had trouble with my videonics as well, but then I had someone knock over an entire vase full of water on it. Nothing sadder then staring in disbelief as you actually hear the "glug glug glug" of water emptying into your mixer, followed by a "sizzle...snap" and seeing the image on the screen disappear.
  4. VjDeranged

VjDeranged Amiga - started it all!

..then there was the time the stoopid Mofo lighting guy set off those Pyrotechincs in the club and all the tinsel glitter went into the air vents in my genlock :(

:mad:
  5. vjrei

vjrei Miami Caracas New York

The videonics for me is as reliable as the old Atari consoles when I had to clean the cartige to make it work.

I'm out of the warranty now, and even that the joystic is broken, that piece of plastic is so cheap made and it cost $450 for a replacement!!!

I'm gonna use this thing until I fine some one that want it.