1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage AV Plug n Play

Discussion in 'Gig Reports' started by kattyb, Oct 28, 2006.

1. kattyb

kattyb Talk to the Paw

We've been running our Plug n Play nights for a few months, and they're lots of fun. Last weeks was a big departure from the usual though - a Vintage AV night, all equipment had to be at least 10 yrs old (mostly 80's gear).

The music was done by a great act called Chrism and Fenris, who used Commodore 64s and Gameboys.

We used both of our Fairlight CVIs - a 1984 (black box) and a 1994 (entertainer). We'd just paid almost $1000 to get the 1984 one restored and it blew up in a dramatic cloud of smoke during the gig :( Hopefully just a power supply.

Anyway, I know this will make most of you Digerati cringe, but for the Analog fans among you, hope you enjoy the extreme glitchiness that only comes from ancient, semi-functional equipment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZCZDu7oi38

2. vanakaru

vanakaru I've given money to VJForums

WoW!!!
    I am workin on biulding Vivanco AV mixers into 60's reel to reel tape player. It's gonna be for live cameras.

3. makemassair

makemassair makemassair.co.uk

very retro cool.

4. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

Ahh!! Brilliant idea!!

5. kattyb

kattyb Talk to the Paw

Holly, if you have a Vintage AV Eyewash next year, perhaps that will give us an excuse to come over and visit again :D

6. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

Would LOVE to! :nod