1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vixid demo on youtube.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deepvisual, Mar 4, 2008.

1. deepvisual

deepvisual visually challenged

another quick look at some VJ kit.

this is just a quick glance at using the layer blends, the very good chromakey function and the new motion block effect.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  2. bryandod

bryandod Integrated Visions

Thanks once again for the informative video. I am a fan of your video tutorials. So far, they have inspired me to buy an Entrancer and Module 8 (and to really want a CG-8). I'm gonna have to drool over the Vixid for a while longer before I can afford one, but its nice to see what it does.

3. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

*wonders how many pints of blood he has to sell to get one*

4. Meierhans

Meierhans Spezialmusik

Difference Blend, 4 layers.. wow! The chromakey looks also pretty good for a device you can carry around. Soft edged, spill reduction? How much is the price tag of this device itm?

5. SteveG

SteveG Downstairs for Dancing

Thanks Gary, nice demo.

6. clichevisuals

clichevisuals New Member

Wow, thanks for that, it's a very impressive piece of hardware!!!

7. Bas

Bas Visual Crescendo

Realy nice overview.
    Makes me wanna have it even more.

8. ASMD

ASMD Steel City Visuals

Superb sir!

9. makemassair

makemassair makemassair.co.uk

:lol2: What Arran said.

10. Kyle

Kyle "Hello my VJ friend"

Hopefully I get to test drive one at the Musikmesse next week.

11. deepvisual

deepvisual visually challenged

I don't think it has spill reduction.
    you can select a colour then dial in the colour range sensitivity and transparency making it quite easy to control mattes.
    the footage I keyed in this demo was dvPAL converted to h264 - far from ideal for keying, but it still came out pretty ok.

you can also use the colorkey(RGB)/chromakey(YUV) to knock holes in any specific colour you want, so you aren't just limited to blue/green

its currently €2500

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  12. vdmoKstaTi

vdmoKstaTi Seems to be Right Now

Great tutorial Gary. I'd listen to it, just for your soothing accent. :)

13. gnomatron

gnomatron two5 studio

Absolutely gorgeous bit of kit... damn! I want one now, and I thought I was happy with my V4. Maybe when i've paid off the camera...

(I think you made me want Modul8 too, and that'll require jumping ship to a Macbook.)

14. leolodreamland

leolodreamland chromatouch visuals

lovely demonstration, i really want it (racks brains for budget proposal).
    any chance of in part 2, showing the multi screen output possibilities? i.e. with a triplehead2go setup and maybe another source.

15. Meierhans

Meierhans Spezialmusik

2.5 K€.. mm, thats a alot money compared to my cute 250 € MX1 . ;)
    Guess when it goes below 2 I will take a look at it again. But compared to V4... guess Edirol will see a major decrease in sells in the next months.

16. vjpixylight

vjpixylight AKA Will O' The Wisp

I doubt it will cut into V4 sales TBH. The V4 and the Vixid are 2 different creatures(and 2 different price models). Edirol has much more a name for VJ hardware, and alot bigger bigger advertising budget.