1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VJ the Evening News?

Discussion in 'Software' started by VJFranzK, Jan 29, 2005.

1. VJFranzK

VJFranzK AreYouDreamingRightNow?

VJ the Evening News?

Just noticed this on the web...
    http://www.channelstorm.com/index.html

With this "television studio in software", you could become the next Ron Burgundy? ;)
    (looks like it could be used for simple VJing also? and broadcasting it over the web!)

2. Meierhans

Meierhans Spezialmusik

Nice but uhm.. kind of limited? But i have to admit 999$ is really cheap since it replaces a 1/4 million $ broadcast studio... ;)

3. VJFranzK

well, i posted it as a joke, mainly,
    but "creative mis-use of tech" can do interesting things sometimes...

Think Different... ly. ;)

4. scala32

scala32 New Member

I don't know..........maybe the keyword there is software............but if I am not mistaken.............the first Video Studio in software was the Video Toaster back in 1989/ 1990

5. VJFranzK

amiga always was good for video. a shame the brand died (though I think they are still made in germany in some capacity?)

warhol endorsed them in the begining ;) in a mac-like PR campaign

6. akira_k

akira_k 8GB EUTour 2010 - book us

No
    The brand IS alive (amiga brand) but the computer is well dead and they are not being produced anymore.

Whateevr that is named "amigaOne" today has NOTHINg to do with the Amiga you used to know.

I still own my A1200 and it works damn fine.

First time I saw the VideoToaster in an old machine my jaw dropped.

7. lightandshadow

lightandshadow New Member

The Video Toaster was a real breakthrough at the time. Having purchased an Amiga 2000 a few years earlier, a friend and I pooled our resources and picked up a VT after it was released at SigGraph 92' in Chicago. We used it primarily for Lightwave and outputting CG to video.

Of course, this was before DVRs were available, so we wrote custom software to single-frame all of our CG to tape (up hill, in the snow, without any shoes and we liked it! [Well, not really.])