1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happened to the documentary about AVit?

Discussion in 'Brighton, UK 2003' started by questionmark, Sep 14, 2004.

1. questionmark

questionmark New Member

I remember being interviewed for a documentary about AVit 03, made by evo media(?). Many people were interviewed during AVit, but i've never hear anything since, does anybody know what happened with it?
  2. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

I was wondering that too.........
  3. elbows

elbows PixelRomper

The people that were going to edit it have made no progress so far (as best I know) so avit uk just very recently retrieved all the raw source tapes from them. Thats all I know at the moment.
  4. spark

spark cut-up, composit, create

yeah to cut a long story short the director (not evomedia) disappeared off the map and didn't give us the tapes back first... its been ages trying to track them down and now we have then we're looking at 60 seemingly unlogged dv tapes.

i have seen some footage that was shot, and he certainly did a good job there - it looked fantastic.

so, its never easy doing things like this as volunteers, and if you consider its three days without sleep just to watch the raw footage it'll take some time before we've got something to show.

toby
  5. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

Cool Toby thanks for the update.

I suppose realisticaly it will/could be done for the next AVIT UK.

It could be debuted there. It would be a nice 'feature'. :)
  6. SilentEclipse

SilentEclipse PH 5.9

any news on this?

I have access to lots of editing equipment and server space at the moment so let me know if you need any help.

:)
  7. alangeering

alangeering Theatre Tech (AV)

is there any milage in splitting the work up?
    a watch of the start of each tape might let you know when/where it was shot.

targets could then be set.

i.e. here are 2 tapes from 1 evening at one venue.
    Targets:
    10 minute and 5 minute edit
    colour correction of footage (if necessary)
    no titles
    good docs for final editor
    Footage returned on DV tape

People can take as many mini programs as they have time for
    Final editor only has to deal with edited sections not 60+ hours of tape.
  8. alangeering

alangeering Theatre Tech (AV)

What was filmed? anyone got an idea?
    Were all the workshops filmed? To me these seem the most valuable and should require minimal editing. To put these on DVD would be useful for many VJs

I'm thinking that the AVIT mashup/performances are fun for those who were there and possibly inspirational for others but the same experiences can be seen at other events/gigs.

What do people think? Don't want to tread on any AVIT toes by talking about all this, you may already have a plan!