1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a Fairlight CVI worth these days?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Donnie Darko, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko pixel jockey

Looks like I have a lead on one for sale.. emailed the guy.. and his reply is "How much are you prepared to pay?"

Short of sounding like an idiot in either direction (too much, too little..) when I reply.. what are some prices people here have seen?

Would love some input about them also, anyone think thier over-rated? Or bloody awesome - even today...

Cheers :)
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  2. vjpixylight

vjpixylight AKA Will O' The Wisp

I think his question is an honest one. Since they are more a collectors piece than a production piece it really boils down to how badly you want one:)
  3. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

do you have anything you can mortgage against it?
  4. Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko pixel jockey

he's also got a CMI for sale...

Fairlight CMI IIx with preh (qwerty) keyboard (Partially working graphite pad) and music keyboard. Original "green screen" working OK. A bit faded but you can use any VGA CRT up to 19" or some NEC LCD monitors. Full cables, "winchester" drive, streamer drive and superfloppy. 50 spare disks (impossible to find) and setup and demonstration provided FOC.

$5000

guess he wants something in that cost area? :S kinda out of my student price range eh
  5. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

more than $1000 less than $2000 i'd say for a black CVI producer. White fairlights are worth more money (newer and better). CVI performers are worth less (single channel version built into one box)

they are 100% collectors items though and have no real practical use for live visuals in today's world - afaik even morph as given up using them live.