1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do people Really LOVE VJForums?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Lucidhouse, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Lucidhouse

Lucidhouse :::*:::

Well I don't know if it's my imagination , but there seems to be a whole lot of new members joining the forums daily, the scene is growing beautifully. I know some of these newbie's are existing members double posting, but I've noticed that there a whole lot of really interesting fresh members!
    Vj forums will either grow and remain as one of the main hubs for Veejays, or it will sink into obscurity and other forums, sites, ezines will take over the baton. Still the best place, to be inspired, learn, discuss, meet... (for now)

2. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

I like the new forum software for one! I like the way unread threads are listed in bold when you hit the View New Posts button.... Also I like some of the dropdown menus which give a lot of options without taking up so much space....

And what was that tag Tom used to insert a QT in a post...?

[mov]http://www.wetcircuit.com/free/UFO.mov[/mov]

edited to say:
    no, that's not it.

3. vjrei

vjrei Miami Caracas New York

I like the gossiping.

4. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

[mov=width=320 height=256]http://www.wetcircuit.com/free/UFO.mov[/mov]

5. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

Hol use this format

[​IMG]

6. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

waah, that is so cool!

Can you use loop=true and autoplay=true parameters?

[mov=width=320 height=240 loop=true autoplay=true controller=false]http://www.wetcircuit.com/free/UFO.mov[/mov]

YIPPEE!!!!

7. kommy

kommy vj eyena

that could eat up your bandwidth fast though, (maybe you have alot to burn)
    i got the cheap plan myself

8. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

Oh, and I especially like the x-ray vision that lets you preview a thread BEFORE you click on it! Extra useful for those vague thread titles!
    :bunny: :cool:

9. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

Sorry kommy. It is "only" 240KB, but it could become a problem very fast. Also Safari started getting wonky after several edits of the parameter and I had to relaunch it....

I could see too many movs and animated gif avatars taking down an older computer (like mine).

10. kommy

kommy vj eyena

oh i got broadband, but i meant if you posted a 10mb clip to a thread that gets viewed like 500 times, youre going to use a bunch of your website bandwidth, but yeah posting clips in threads would be a nightmare for anybody on modems, do people still use 56k around here? (maybe the masochists amongst us)

11. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

Oh yeah. This costs ME bandwidth...:(

Hmm. I guess people have incentive to keep it short.:crazy:

12. bridd

bridd :)

Why do people Really LOVE VJForums?

Why?

Because every time I have a question, I can either find it already answered, or I can post it and get a variety of different and useful responses. It's a valuable resource, and there are some really talented and brilliant people here.

Also for the most part, people are fairly open-minded and chilled on here. The current "explosion" in mudslinging is something that occurs on any user-group/chatroom/mailinglist/forum/ from time to time when ego's collide or feelings get hurt, but I don't believe it reflects the ongoings or the attitude of the forum as a whole at all.

I've hardly contributed here yet, but I come back most days for one reason or another. I guess even as someone who's 'quiet' I feel on the whole, welcomed. I'm a VJ and this is the community for me ^_^

13. evomedia

evomedia Control Freaks

Not many places on the internet I would happily meet people from, but I have met a good many people from here, and despite current frictions I know that when the same people meet at places like AVIT the discussion is always open honest and friendly. I rarely need technical advise but always am happy to try an answer others, its like a narcotic here, you get drawn in, integreated and ultimately it feeds our passion. Strong characters are abundent and the knowledge held within its walls would be the envy of any business.

By the way you still ok for the 12th Feb Lucid? Be nice to have a chat, and see some fresh visual jiggerypockery

14. disassembler

disassembler Mix+Mix+Chop+Chop

I've met alot of people, from VJcentral, in real life and can only keep in contact with them here.

15. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

....by the medium of posting pictures.:)

16. annaponda

annaponda New Member

Why do I love VJ forums? I?m new to this forum and vjing, but find people here very generous and free with their knowledge, it?s a breath of fresh air!

17. disassembler

disassembler Mix+Mix+Chop+Chop

No I post audio to. :lol:

18. Lucidhouse

Lucidhouse :::*:::

Hey Holly, the quicktime thingie is the coolest, even able to loop it now... Great! I'm burning to use this function... Showing at a thread near you!

Just use vimeo.com and link it from there...

Hi Simon, Yep I'm up for it. Lets have a chat soon, did you get my number?

19. Kyle

Kyle "Hello my VJ friend"

I swear to god i didnt steal your line.:gag:
    http://www.vjforums.com/showthread.php?t=14643

20. VjSie

VjSie New Member

my name is robbie and i have a problem

im not really a VJ
    i just sit at home and pretend

THATS why i love VJforums - your my only friends!

no - i love VJforums for the same reason every VJ should love VJ forums - its all about being a VJ

you can post the most abstract questions and get some VJ who did a masters degree in the subject!
    loads of info, a great networking device....

oh who am i kidding im not a VJ

im a sad little man

21. MoRpH

MoRpH Moderator

Cause it ROX, only reason needed.

22. littlecatalyst

littlecatalyst Retireded

it's like watching a little baby grow up (without having to change diapers) (AV|VJ'ing; the scene as seen thru VJF) +

visuals r yummy eye candy!

23. Kyle

I love this place too...but as of late seems like there is plenty of doo doo and not enough diapers. BTW LilCat...what's going on in Toronto this weekend. I might want to cross the ditch and meet up on Friday or Saturday. Can you PM me if there is anything going on.

24. RayV

RayV =] ++ [=

I second that.

Vjf has some bad-hair days but than who hasn't

For me - Putting names to some faces made me luv this space even more?

Oh, I'm hooked. like so many others that still at the denial stage.

the generosity, the humor, the knowledge, the sharing, the learning, the option to ask question & to actually get great answers, & the fact
    I made some real friends here, not "just" net-friends. People I simply love.
    & now vjf is simply part of my life.

Oh & dissembler's pic selection

25. Kyle

Yea I totally agree with you. I have met several members and was shocked to learn that they are even cooler in person. Perfect example...VJ Solly in Barcelona, Spain. We met here, and are now best friends, business partners, and to top it off I am the godfather of his newborn child. So many wonderful things happen here I think some people take them for granted. Bring on the love:love2:

Oh and the DISS's PIC Selecetions are always good for a grin.

26. RayV

RayV =] ++ [=

Congrats to vj solly - mazaltov !!! :love:
    & to his godfather :)

27. AndresC4

AndresC4 Andres :)

i?m from Argentina, and vjforums its the only support and inspiration site i have
    as an admin of a site, i like to tanks all the admins of vjforums for keeping the forum in order every day.

since the first day i join the forum until now, i notice a few new members
    i think its great that we have more members every day, and more important,
    all have a lot of interesting new ideas to share. This is realy a wonderful forum.

Very cool idea of the quicktime player in a post! i will use it. What about the sound? i think it will be very annoying :p

28. ToxicOrange

ToxicOrange theLAB

*getting all misty eyed now* ... the speed and depth of knowledge on the site has always been amazing. And the sheer comedy that is about (from Holly's sometime sarcasm to Diss's pic's) it is a community that I hope to add to in some small way ... (anyone remember Jack Nicholson as the president in Mars Attacks?)

29. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

I like VJForums because I am a sadist and like to watch hippies fight in a public arena. ;)