1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will modul8 let me do smooth transitions??

Discussion in 'Software' started by br1otron, Apr 17, 2005.

1. br1otron

br1otron New Member

HI. i'm new here, hopefully this won't sound too dumb. if it does then tough.

I'm trying out the modul8 demo (3days into it) and i've assigned keys to the different effects, changing scale/opacity/color strobe etc. When I hit keys for those effects it just jumps right into say, for the scale key, %50. will just go from %100 to %50 in a split second, it can't just fade-transition.

Am I missing something here? isn't there a way to do smooth transitions with these effects? say, if I wanted to fade out a layer's opacity? slowly or quickly? i haven't found much help yet anywhere else with modul8 support

if you can help me i'd be very happy
  2. akira_k

akira_k 8GB EUTour 2010 - book us

Obviously you can smooth scale/change opacity/whatever but you have to either do it with the mouse or a MIDI controller. Keys are toggles, not potentiometers!

Otherwise use teh auto scale/ auto color controllers.

And read the acompanying manual!
  3. br1otron

br1otron New Member

thanks and...

yes i need a midi keyboard or somehting. and boy i'm such an ass, i should've looked first at the file named "documentation" in my prog folder.
  4. djnada

djnada Nadada aka Jim C.

Play around with the interface for a while and you'll get used to it. The 2.0 version, when it is finalized, will have a demo as well. In 2.0 you can transition between two sets of layered clips. Like having an edirol V4 in your software. Tap tempo and all! Most of all have fun! ;)
  5. br1otron

br1otron New Member

still confused

hmmm so i'm using modul8 on a mac ibook G4 and I'd like to use a midi controller with it but .. i don't know dick about midi controllers and i'm not even sure if I have the right port for my laptop. anyone know?

The other thing: on my laptop is there anything on it that will act as a slider, or do I have to plug in a mouse? what about using the tiny thumb-rubbing cursor pad thing that substitutes the mouse? perhaps i should go back to trying arkaos or something
  6. akira_k

akira_k 8GB EUTour 2010 - book us

Your trackpad works just like a mouse and with it you can control any modul8 parameters, then again, if you don't know what to do with it, perhaps you should need to go back to computer usage 101 or something.
  7. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Also, if you have a parameter selected you can slowly change the values by tapping the left and right arrow keys. If you want even more minimal change hold down the command key while you do this.