1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMC VJ Challenge

Discussion in 'VJ Events' started by blackwatch, Mar 9, 2011.

1. blackwatch

blackwatch blvck

2. evomedia

evomedia Control Freaks

$25.00 entry fee for a competition... Why on earth are they charging people?

I'm certainly not entering, why would I pay them anything? especially as all the submission takes is to provide a link to a video of yours on the web, really pi**ed me off that, whats the money for? the judges precious time they have to give up to watch a load of VJ videos?

Your basically paying for a chance to perform, and thats really crap, its a charge on VJ's to provide their showreel links. Its not even a prize fund, its just a chance to perform, which I guess is also for no payment to as its a 'prize'

Messages like that always smell a bit fishy to me when your providing external links, they don't even have a dvd so why keep anything?

Since when did the people entering comps start funding them, they used to get the manufacturers to provide prizes, but these days the entrants themselves buy the prizes from the entry fee... this is even worse, the prize fund is a performance slot with your own equipment, so where is the cost to them? its worst than paying to perform, its for most people paying for someone else to perform.

I completely disagree with charging people to enter competitions anyway, especially when all the submission requires is a link, then there is the fact most people who enter will not even win, so they are just throwing money into someones pocket. Complete crap

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  3. devonmiles

devonmiles Midi: the language of God

not to mention the 1000 bucks for the flight, another 600 for the hotel and some hundred quid for drinks and hideously overpriced food...
    should be renamed to posh VJs competition:D

4. ShaKinDa

ShaKinDa New Member

Psyberpixie is a great vj and a lovely person and she is involved so im sure its a great competition... i wish i was on south beach this week

5. blackwatch

blackwatch blvck

just got back from it..was a total joke

800 lumen projector in a sunshine blown out lobby with 15 or so people there loooking confused and misinformed. the VJ's were playing outdated and overused clips

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  6. Supermarket

Supermarket audio-visual immersion

eeeeeeeeeeeeewww... that stinks :p