1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wtb fairlight cvi

Discussion in 'Video & Gear Exchange' started by slackrandy, Oct 18, 2011.

1. slackrandy

slackrandy New Member

Hey all,

I know this is a long shot considering how sought after and rare this piece of machinery is, but I have noticed a few of these have been sold on this board in the past before.
    I am looking for a PAL FAIRLIGHT CVI- any model- In working condition.
    I have some money saved and am willing to spend the $$$$$.

I will be using it on my video/ music project LP HOVERCRAFT which is a mixture of pre made video and music collages- that carry specific meanings as well as short films and feature length films I endeavour on. I have been making about one film a week and will continue to do so if not up the ante. At the moment I can’t show you any cause they still all made straight to VHS and I have yet to digitize any of them. I only mention this so you know I will appreciate and relish to opportunity to be able to purchase a CVI.

If anyone has a unit they would be willing to part with or any leads it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Liam.

2. MoRpH

MoRpH Moderator

Hmmmm....... possibly. There are probably some in Melb already, maybe try the Aust VJ union group on FB.

I could be tempted but the offer would have to be good as mine have alot of emotional attachment.

3. ender

ender Native Resolution

4. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

i find it very strange that people are still interested in the fairlight.

I was amazed to sell mine for enough to buy a new macbook pro.

It's a great collectors item, but people still seem to want to actually use it for production? (I get about 2 hire requests per year from people wanting to use it to make 80s style music videos. Odd given you can do anything the fairlight does with much better control in After Effects. Or build a QuartzComp to emulate the damn thing)

5. slackrandy

slackrandy New Member

PM'D and Emailed.

For me using this gear is just keeping things in the realm of the physical and using actual manipulation- of course you can do anything with modern computing but it's just a personal prefrence I guess. There will always people who want to make use analogue gear for recording the same way there will be people who want to make films with 35 or 16 mm and the same way analogue video manipulation and vintage computing will always have a market.

6. MoRpH

MoRpH Moderator

Hi mate, got your email & considering your offer :)

7. relative

relative New Member

I have a PAL Fairlight CVI+ (white unit) that I am about to sell. It is based in London, UK.

I will get round to photographing everything shortly.

It is in excellent condition and comes with the original binder manuals with all the pictures of the effects etc.

Interested parties please PM with your email etc. so I can send out photos and full details when I have got everything together.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  8. relative

relative New Member

9. slackrandy

slackrandy New Member

Hey again,
    I ended up purchasing a Black Pal CVI 1 from a member on this board, with the user manual and a Fairlight keyboard. Unfortunately I've run into some financial difficulties and since this is the only thing I have of worth, I have to let it go. I would only want to sell it for what I paid. It's in great condition and really is an amazing piece of Video equipment; I just can't justify it now. It's a real shame. If anyone is interested please email me at liam_osborne(at)hotmail(dot)com, I can send pictures through and we can work something out. I am based in Melbourne, Australia but interstate and international queries welcome. Thanks,

Liam.

10. esptv

esptv New Member

RE: Fairlight CVIs for sale

I know this is an old thread but if anyone is currently selling a Fairlight CVI, I'd be very interested in buying...

Thanks
    Scott
    www.esptvnyc.com