1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube DJ Mixxes

Discussion in 'A/V' started by Drew Blood, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Drew Blood

Drew Blood YoDrew.com

Free DrewTube DVD shipping now - Details inside

YO!
    Just wanted to post some of my YouTube Mixxes here for yall to check out. These mixes are all done live with two computers downloading straight from YouTube using a Numark AV mixer in between. For more mixes please visit YoDrew.com

Enjoy -

Kid Cudi x DrewTube

Dan Sena x DrewTube

"Life4Life 1991 Nasty As Hell Reunion III"

More @ YouTube.com/Drewbl00d

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  2. Drew Blood

Drew Blood YoDrew.com

Greetings - Just keeping you updated with the new DrewTube mixxx. This is another YouTube mixed between two computers using the numark AVM01. Enjoy

3. Drew Blood

Drew Blood YoDrew.com

Here is a new DrewTube mixxx with Audio from the French group Danger.

YoDrew.com for more

4. Drew Blood

Drew Blood YoDrew.com

Another DrewTube mixxx hot off the presses - YouTube videos mixed live between two computers throught the Numark Avm01 to a record deck and back up to YouTube AKA "The Vicious circle"

YoDrew.com for more

5. Scratchpole

Scratchpole Hmm still thinking...

Really enjoyed watching the last couple of those, nice choice of clips, good overall feel/retro style.
    May come back to them and watch more another time.

What software are you running?
    How did you get the timing so tight, particularly with the marching soldiers?
    Are they all streaming from youtube?

6. Drew Blood

Drew Blood YoDrew.com

Glad to see someones checking out the clips - Thanks for the kind words.

Q)What software are you running?
    A)The "DrewTube" Process is fully Hardware based. I run two computers side by side with a Numark AVM01 A/V mixer in between. All the clips are streamed, not downloaded, from YouTube while I am mixing.

When I mix to a single song, I usually find clips that I want to work with before hand and make a mental note of key words to search. For the last Clip I posted my Keywords were; 1960 film expariments, Dancing Dogs, and hand drawn animation.

Q)How did you get the timing so tight, particularly with the marching soldiers?
    A)Timing is mostly by chance. I can que a YouTube video up and hit play on the beat, which works, but sometimes the beat matches with a part of the clip that I had not planned.

I think of the Mixxes I do for single songs and "pre-comps" for longer clips. In my full length DrewTube mixxes I connect my pre-comps with old commercials or wierd clips. The use of single song mixxes gives me more time to find and stream new clips. Most of my set is spent searching for new awesome YouTube Videos which I favorite for future use @ Youtube.com/Drewbl00d and Drewbl99d

Hope that shed some light on the DrewTube process. Fore more check out YoDrew.com

7. Drew Blood

Drew Blood YoDrew.com

After a week at duplication I am happy to announce the release of my first DrewTube DVD compilation.

[​IMG]

DrewTube DVD Volume 1
    "Bright Lights/Dark Tans" – The hour of power Mixxx

I was skeptical about putting a live mixxx out as a DVD, but thought it would be a good way to show people what the DrewTube experience is like. This DVD is a 1-hour loop of sick music videos, twisted commercials and generally entertaining YouTube gems – All mixxxed live by yours truly.

The cool thing about this DVD is I am giving it out ABSOLUTLY FREE. That's right! If you SEND ME your address, I will send you out a copy, on the house.

Since this DVD is a loop, it's great for playing during parties/funerals/Bar Mitzvahs ECT. Just pop it in the deck and crank the volume.

Here is a hot track from the DVD for a taste of what to expect.

Hit me with a message if you want a copy - DrewLivesInLA a Yahoo. I will be sending this bad boys out all weekend. Only 100 copies so ACT NOW!

[​IMG]

8. Drew Blood

Drew Blood YoDrew.com

Here is a online version of my first YouTube Mixxx dvd "Bright Lights/Dark Tans" - Be on the look out for DVD #2 coming soon.

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/2890064"]DrewTube DVD #1 "Bright Lights/Dark Tans"[/ame]

THE HOUR OF POWER

YoDrew.com for more info

9. Drew Blood

Drew Blood YoDrew.com

As promised - Here is DrewTube DVD #2 online for anyone that didn't get a copy.

DrewTube Volume #2 - "The Pulse of the people" 60min. of Strength.

For more info info about future live gigs check out YoDrew.com

10. Drew Blood

Drew Blood YoDrew.com

YO! - Here is some video of me opening up for 2 Live Crew @ the Key Club in Hollywood.

YoDrew.com

YouTube.com/DrewBl00d for more

11. Drew Blood

Drew Blood YoDrew.com

Here are a few new YouTube mixxes -